The past: Finishing school was really hard, and really wonderful. Every time I remember that I never have to go to class ever again, a seriously warm and wonderfully fuzzy feeling washes over me and bathes my soul in pure contentment.
The present: Rotations are going really well, and Obama was elected to the presidency. I could not be more ecstatic that God chose to raise him up for this time, knowing also He will depose Obama in His time. Its all up to him. (For anyone interested in reading Obama's stance on faith and politics, jump on over here.)
The future: Well, I've been thinking a lot about the future. My preceptor for this first rotation is pretty dang amazing, a wonderful doc to work with, and he has already offered me a job more than once. Also, some good friends of mine are moving to Colorado Springs, and- having just taken a super fun trip up to the city in the shadow of Pike's Peak- I am thinking about going up there, too. They are opening up a couple new hospitals, which would probably have something open.
Or, there are lots and lots of Afghan refugees in San Francisco and a lot of HIV clinics. One of my favorite things is infectious disease so that is also an option. And, my sis only lives 7 hours from there.
I've also been thinking about going back overseas. Thinking about it a lot. I am considering applying with the Department of Defense to go work with them in a hospital in Germany that treats wounded soldiers on emergency flights coming from Iraq and Afghanistan.
I'm sure there are many more opportunities that may arise. I just like to dream about the future. If you could choose, what would you do and why?
4 comments:
I pick Colorado Springs! Of course, right? It should be an exciting next year and I look forward to seeing where God is going to lead you!
Steph, you aren't supposed to answer as if you were you and I were me, moving to be near you; its if you had no vested interest and could do any of them! :)
Hey!!
I've been checking your blog every now and then. I tried to send an e-mail to your old e-mail address, but it's not getting through. If you have a current e-mail address, appreciate if you send it to onosouichirou@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon!!
Alright, alright...nope, I can't do it. I stick with my original selection, even though it may be bias!
Post a Comment