Friday, August 29, 2008

The Political Game Rages On!

Is McCain is so misogynistic that he honestly believes HRC’s base will vote for him on account of a VP who has nothing in common with Hillary but her anatomy?!

Okay, so maybe underestimating female political intelligence doesn't equate you with being a woman-hater. But it does make my blood boil. I truly hope he chose Sarah Palin for a better reason but it seems he is just sexist enough to think this will do the trick and American women will come flocking to his side. Oh, my... I hope that I am not overestimating the women in our country. I hope they truly think this thing through.

Perhaps now she knows what its like to be a token, and some old GOP guys know what its like to be passed over for someone with less experience.

Or did he pick her based on eighteen months of reforming corrupt Alaskan politics? Are we underestimating Palin? I hope so, for goodness sakes. But I'm wondering if she even has a passport- on top of the fact that she recently asked on CNBC, "What exactly is it the vice president does?"

Hmm... Not like Joe Biden's ties to credit card companies are a whole lot better. Politics, ay ay ay!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I have a hard time not seeing Gov Palin's quality as a person and as a vice presidential candidate. I find it interesting that you are dismissing her by saying that McCain believes HRC's base would only vote for her based on her gender and calling Senator McCain misogynistic because of it. I may have missed something, but I didn't think he chose her based on her gender. (I know there is always political gamesmanship.) Despite the gamesmanship, it's hard to miss her quality as a person and as a politician...regardless of political views. I am not a Democrat, but I respect Senator Clinton for her success and strength, despite any negative qualities that are or are not there...depending on which side of the fence you view her from.

I am not trying to make you angry. I am interested in your views and I respect you. However I do wonder how a person could think this through and vote for Senator Obama. He lacks so much in experience and he is running for the position of President of the United States! He sounds amazing when he speaks and he has great claims about how much he will do for our country. I just don't see the substance and the proven experience that will give him the judgment he needs. I hope that if he wins, like a great leader, he can surround himself with good people who can give him good advice and information. Even so, I don't see how he has proven that he will make good decisions. He can have all the experienced advisers he wants, but in the end, he has to make the decisions.

I don't have anything against him and I am excited that he has made history like he has. He's clearly well educated and well spoken. He also displays that he loves our country and that matters. It was awesome to see the Democratic National Convention. The excitement was so contagious and I loved how proud Michelle Obama looked. The speeches were great and exciting too.

Thank you for posting on your blog because I still believe that regardless of beliefs, everyone should care about who we elect as our next President and VP. I am sorry if I was offensive to you at all. I just felt I had to share because I think that Gov Palin deserves more positive acknowledgment than she has received.