Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Tribute


I absolutely love surprises. Only someone like my mom, Summer, or Tara knows this.

When I was traveling back from overseas, a lot was going on and after months of being cooped up, caged up, restricted, kept in, etc… one of the things I was really looking forwarrd to was to go have some fun on my birthday, which was eight days after my arrival back in Oklahoma. And since Summer and Tara *know* that I love surprises, they planned a whole weekend of 24th birthday fun for me.

Which included (but was not limited to) sleepovers, dinner, ice-skating, brownies with candles, a hotel, games, a birthday song (not the happy birthday song, either), even a gingerbread house craft… and they wrote and illustrated a BOOK for me! I have to hand it to them for being the best friends ever.

Thanks a lot girls… you remind me how much I have to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a trio of really wild women to me!! Hope you are enjoying your downtime and not getting too bored with life in the slow lane. Find some Afghans in Oklahoma City so you can practice your Pashti; if you don't use it, you will lose it.

Your Loving Aunt Deb

Anonymous said...

friends are the best....

have a great day!!!

Alyssia

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I just can't believe we are 24, almost 10 years since I left OK!!

Souichirou Ono