
One day, we woke up and got to go to a nomad camp. There are nomads that migrate all across Afghanistan. Not too long ago, I read Caravans by James Mitchner, so this was like a dream come true. I just wanted to enjoy the experience, so I didn't take any pictures of the nomads or the camp, but this is the view looking down from where we trained one of their women to be a health worker.

Ashlie greatly enjoyed our trip to the villages. This picture was actually taken in Turkmenistan. The last place we spent the night is really, really close to Turkmenistan and we went to the border and ate melons by a stream.

So, I also didn't want to invade this family's privacy by taking a lot of pictures... but our last night, we stayed with the TB coordinator's family. I stayed with them last year and I love this family. I think of all the places I stayed in Afghanistan, this was definitely the most hospitable family. They are amazing. Unfortunately, none of the women are allowed to leave the house although there are rare exceptions. They wanted to henna our hands, but first I asked our hostess if I could do her hands. She agreed, so the picture above is actually my version of Afghan henna on her hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment