Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Beautiful Marlow

Well, time is flying. The spring has come and spring in Marlow is one beautiful thing. Everything here is green and the trees lining Main Street are old. There are gorgeous multicolored wild flowers all along the drive from the hospital in Duncan to the clinic in Marlow. Bright little flowers and old, beautiful trees lining the street of your new town in the rain... I'd say its a treat.

I got here on Sunday night after a not-small detour which included me getting to visit the Wichita Mountains once again. They are beautiful at sunset if you are driving in from the north. I hope I can go out there a lot on this rotation, but we'll see. Supposedly the hours for this stint are somewhere in the 9:30am to 9:30pm area. It looks to be no lie, so far.

I think I like small towns. The people here seem almost the exact same to me as everywhere else that I have been so that's no different. The hospital I get to live at is nice. Dr. King, my preceptor for May and June, is a great person and a good doctor. More good news... there might be someplace to go horseback riding around here that lets you gallop on the horses. People in small towns seem like they might be more likely to let you gallop on their horses than just make you stick to boring old trail rides. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and looking into it.

On a more personal note: I need a break. I feel worn out.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Sorry you're worn out. I miss you. I'm glad Marlow is pretty.
Love you.
Let's talk when you have time. Praying for you.

ashlie said...

I love small towns! Glad you like it and hope you get to go horseback riding. can I join in? I'll make the drive just for that and to spend time with you too, of course!