Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I'm in Utah!

Wow- there is a reason the Olympics were held here instead of Colorado. This place is BEAUTIFUL! I went with my friends to Snowbird on New Years Eve to watch a ski parade called Torchlight. All these skiers hold red lights and ski down the mountain. After attempting to ski yesterday, I cannot imagine skiing down the mountain at night holding torches. They did a great job! Afterwards they had fireworks and we got some great pictures I will try to put up on Facebook later.

Then for New Year's Day we went to another ski resort called Brighton. Keri had never skied before either, so a friend of hers who grew up skiing went with us to teach us. She did a great job! The day before it had only been 7 degrees up on the mountain but for us it was 22 and sunny- pretty much a perfect day to learn! I was a little nervous since before coming, I asked everyone in Oklahoma who had been skiing what their first day was like. And some people had really bad experiences. I think because Keri's friend was such a great teacher and we basically got private lessons, for us it was great and so fun! I was really pleased that running the last couple years paid off and I didn't ever get tired on the mountain or feel sore today.

We are going to go back to Brighton tomorrow all day. Yay!!

2 comments:

Summer said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. You'll need to post some pics.

Jon and Steph said...

Sounds like a fun trip!!! Are you back yet?