I rarely ever like a book enough to promote it on something like a blog. BUT, as Guitar Hero recently received a plug, it seemed like a good time to do the same for a great book. And so for all my friends who are evangelical Christians, check out Speaking My Mind by Tony Campolo. Here are some chapter titles to give you an idea of what the book is about:
-Are Evangelicals Sexist?
-Are Evangelicals Addressing the Gay Issue All Wrong?
-Are Evangelicals Afraid of Science?
-Are Evangelicals Too Militaristic?
Of course, if you aren't an evangelical, you have probably already said yes four times and don't need to read it. This is more of a book for those of us who would like such a thing as an evangelical left to exist in America but have had the microphone hogged by the religious right. We're not all like the televangelists.
Shout out to Maziel for recommending it.
4 comments:
I need to check it out. Do you own it?
nope... I think you can check it out at the library though.
Okay, Erin. It's time for you to post on your blog again! I've checked it like 15 times in the last two weeks and it's always the same one.
Amen. Well-put Erin...and Tony.
Post a Comment