Monday, September 18, 2006

Stars

Tonight I had a unique experience. I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone outside without a veil in these last six weeks. Actually on two fingers. And one of them was tonight… I ate dinner at a friend's house, and when it was over, instead of taking a rickshaw like normal, her driver drove me home in their car. This meant that I could ride with my veil up since it was dark outside. As we were driving along, the air-conditioning blew on my face and I happened to look up and see the stars. I started crying because it just felt so normal and free. And it was so beautiful. The air is not polluted here and I haven't seen anything that beautiful in some time. And my heart was also crying for the women who rarely see anything without the veil here. Something I've realized is that I don't even notice it anymore. I don't even notice what I'm missing. Its no wonder they don't either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is touching. i hope you are doing good and growing closer with god. can you tell us more about the landscape?
Robert Duncan