Monday, September 11, 2006

Crazy

Life has been so crazy. I wish I could explain everything! Where to start...

Many things happened at home in the States these last few weeks, and I don't think a public blog is an acceptable forum to broadcast them on. But they were very sad. Heartbreaking. The fragility of happiness hits home at such times. The good news is that nothing is all bad. Good can come out of anything and I am sure it is going to come out of even the sad things taking place back home.

The good news is that everything here is wonderful. Really. I don't think there could have been better timing for me to be here (other than that I can't be with my family now). We are getting into our daily routines, which include: language lessons, working in a midwifery clinic, and cultural experiences galore. Last night, I went to a wedding. Wow. There's no way I can even describe what it was like. The women here are so beautiful and they love to dress up. So it was, along with being one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, one of the most fun nights of my life. This is definitely a land of contrasts and I find that true in my own life here as well. More to come later. Above is a picture from the wedding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you.
"All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. You can be sure that the more we suffere for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. So when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation! For when God comforts us, it is so that we, in turn, can be an encouragement to you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in suffering, you will also share God's comfort.
2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Anonymous said...

Psalms 37
Love, Mom