Friday, July 21, 2006
Save the Crepe Paper
Today I bought all my pants for this fall. Something very, VERY important for pants you are buying to wear to a third world country is that they have an expandable waistline. I didn't know this last time, because I'd never gotten sick in other countries. But now I know, when you are sick for the fourth week in a row and people are still force feeding you food soaked in fat, an expandable waistline is not a feature you can compromise on.
Last year, I got sick the third day I arrived; it was September 13th, and I stayed sick for a long time. I mean a long time. I remember the day I got better- it was toward the end of November. Yes, it was nearly ten weeks that I didn't have solid poo.
I think my favorite thing about being sick was the crepe paper. Yes, you would sit or squat down in the bathroom, look around for the toilet paper, and instead, a bright pink roll of really thick crepe paper was waiting for you. At first it seemed ridiculous but then I decided it cheers up the bathroom more than regular toilet paper anyway.
I bring all this up to ask everyone to pray that I will stay well this fall. Although the crepe paper was really great, it would be even greater to not have to see so much of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Erin! Hope you don't have to use crepe paper too much!! Hope you're doing well. All of the kids say hi and they love you and we do too!!! Stay safe and cool!!
Jason & Brandy +4
Hey Erin! Just wanted to say hi again. The kids start school next week and are pretty excited about it. I am interviewing at different insurance jobs this week blah :( .
Anyway, we miss you and hope you're having fun in Stirring Mush.
Jason +5
By the way. Do you have an email address or is this it? I've got a nasty rash I wanted to discuss that's breaking out in wierd places and I don't know if this blog is the forum to give all the details about it.
Jason
Hey Erin. Just thinking of you and too late to call. The kids say hi. You're almost done buddy! Keep your chin up!
Jason + 5
Post a Comment