Monday, July 17, 2006

Eyelash curlers and Cheerios



Mystery thrillers. Almond seeds. Longjohns. Eyelash curlers. Cheerios.

What do these have in common? They must be hard to come by in Afghanistan, as they are all things that people have asked me to bring them this fall. Its not an exhaustive list, either... I think there are about fourteen boxes being sent to my home in the next couple weeks. But that's ok, because I am a very light packer and shouldn't need too much room. I mean, what am I really going to need that I can't buy or that won't fit into a backpack?

Today is my last day in Keller. I can't say I'm sad to leave Texas and move back to Oklahoma, because I dearly love Oklahoma and I'm excited. But it is sad to leave so many fine people who have been such great friends; luckily its just a three hour drive.

So long, state of Texas. I promise to remember and tell everyone in Oklahoma that you are the only state that was once an independent nation, and that everything is bigger in Texas, and also not to mess with Texas. But we will be, as always, OK. (Not 'okay,' O-K. And by that we mean great!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Erin! Have a great trip!