Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thoughts

Its a little interesting, how Blogger these days allows you to see the "stats" of your blog following. For example, I can see that there are a lot of people reading this blog, but very few commenting. 

I'm really interested in this disparity. Thoughts?

Also, it was very different writing out Arden's story than Lily's. As the end approached it was a little more distressing to know that eventually, it was going to be a tragedy. It was heartbreaking to finally write out her end; and has taken me a little time to think through, in the future, how I am going to continue sharing those stories that end so tragically. It may be that snapshots throughout different parts children's lives are shared instead of their entire stories. I'm going to do a little more thinking on this.

Next up: The Procedure.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I don't view blogs as a conversation, so I rarely comment. Anyway, death is as natural as life and should not be characterized as a tragedy, untimely, or premature. In my opinion, QUALITY of life trumps QUANTITY. To keep suffering/terminal people alive indefinitely by artificial means is unethical and selfish and would be considered inhumane if done to an animal.

erin beth said...

I think the important thing to keep in mind is that when we realize a child is terminal, we do stop trying to cure them and they are usually sent home on hospice.

But virtually all of our kids on active therapy have a chance at living. And 100% of parents will take that chance.

erin beth said...

But I have to add, when it is your own child, death is always a tragedy.