"Thank you Lord, for those gathered here today. We especially thank you for your Son and his birth. Mostly we thank you for His life."
He paused, and took a deep breath.
"And I also thank you for this beautiful woman that I want to make my wife."
My eyes, along with several other eyes at the table, popped open. I looked over at him and saw that he was smiling this mischievous little smile. Then he slowly stood up from the table and I froze.
"Erin, I love you and I want to make you my wife," he said.
I continued staring at him incredulously, trapped in a complete state of shock.
Then this wonderful man, that I have been completely in love with for the last two years, got down on one knee and pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket; one that had belonged to his father. Out of the handkerchief, he pulled a ring.
Then he asked me to marry him.
No comments:
Post a Comment