Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happiness. Flowers. Mountains. Lederhosen.



This is Mr. Lucas. He was pumping water while calling himself Lars in a German accent and talking about lederhosen. And so you can see why Mr. Lucas brings my heart pure joy. :) When I'm with him, I'm just about as happy as I can ever remember being. He is a genuinely thoughtful man with a cheerfully contagious disposition. You would really enjoy meeting him.

We went to the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge last weekend. We did a little trail run out to a tall thin rock with two large boulders balanced on top- aptly named Crab Eyes- and climbed up on top. Its one of the most beautiful views in the whole park, or so says Mr. Lucas. Then we grilled out shishkabobs and later hiked to a waterfall with a couple of his climbing buddies. Then watched the sunset on Mount Scott- which I have concluded is THE prettiest view in the whole park. If you live in Oklahoma, and you haven't been, you have no excuse- the mountains are only an hour and a half away from the city. It is worth it.


Our delicious lunch. Yummy sweet potatoes not pictured.




He even brings me flowers.

3 comments:

Keri Dougless, RDN LD said...

Erin! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you posted pictures! Sounds like you have had a ton of fun with your new man. We need to talk again soon. I'm going back to work tomorrow. : ( Yuck!
Also, I have a new blog...it's www.dougless3.blogspot.com
K, talk to you soon. Love you and miss you!

Jon and Steph said...

Yea for a Mr. Lucas update! So things are going well...I assume? :)

erin beth said...

Yep, it is going great!