The cute Italian resident was nice enough to give me today off, so my psychiatry rotation at Griffin is officially over. I was surprised at how much fun and how enjoyable this rotation was. I'm a little sad (not because of the resident :) but because I really became attached to some of those patients. I'm going to miss them and all their crazy shenanigans which brought so many laughs over the last month!
I will miss Miss T, whose only criteria for discharge was that she take a shower. She thought there were demons in the 4th stall to the end so we were always trying to convince her to take a shower in the first stall. But, after weeks of antipsychotics and psychotherapy she told us, "Basically what I'm telling you is I'm never going to take a shower at Griffin Memorial Hospital." Okay, Miss T...
I will miss Mr. J, who left his nursing home because he was "going to follow the train tracks to Egypt."
I will miss "Wolfvy," who first thought he could predict and pinpoint anything happening anywhere, at any time, all over the world, and email the people involved to warn them. And that his wife had sextuplets that all died within 15 minutes of being born. And that he'd had hundreds of surgeries to replace all of his bones with titanium, which is the reason he now gets struck by lightening so gosh darned frequently!
One person I will not miss is Miss L, who was the most annoying patient on the face of the planet. When she came in, she saw the treatment team and we asked her if she knew why she was at Griffin. She gave us THE meanest look in the world and said, "You want me to tell you again? They... ripped... my... ARM... OFF!!" She also constantly hallucinated children and believed that her residential care facility was using them to hand out the medicines. So she definitely wasn't going to go back there until they instituted some safer distribution practices. And that the owners were castrating all the male residents and then throwing the remnants at all the other patients. And that was just completely unacceptable. She was a tortured woman... who will no longer be torturing me. :)
2 comments:
Erin, those stories are hilarious! Particularly the castrated parts being thrown at people. I am at work and can't quit giggling! People are going to start staring soon. :P
Erin, these are hilarious! Where to next?
Post a Comment