Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dreams

Sometimes it really sucks to wake up in the morning. This last week, for me, its had little to do with sleepiness. I keep having these really intense, hope-I-can-sleep-a-little-longer-to-find-out-what-happens kind of dreams. Here are some synopses from the last few nights:

I wake up one morning and a friend of mine has died and left me her tiny, newborn, still pink-faced infant. The thing is so tiny I have no idea how I'm going to feed it, find it daycare, and still be on time to class at 8 a.m.

My dad convinces me to cut off my feet for an experiment and tells me it will be easy to get them back on. We do, and it doesn't hurt, and it isn't until the next day when I am trying to hobble around on stumps that I have the horrible realization that he was wrong, and its permanent, and WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITHOUT FEET?!!

Some friends from PA school and I are lost in Middle Earth. We can see the Misty Mountains but we have no idea where we are exactly or how to get to Gondor and out of the grasp of the Dark Lord... until we find the Robert L. Byrd library, look on a map, and realize that we are in Osgiliath.

I am somewhere off the coast of South America. Probably Ecuador. A good old friend and I join up with some strangers and a hoary old captain and skipper a small boat across the Pacific. Halfway through the voyage, we realize that the old captain hasn't come out of his cabin for a couple weeks and is probably dead. My friend goes in to check and...

Some lady from Blue Cross Blue Shield called and woke me up! It appears that one will remain a mystery for now. But sometimes I dream the same dream later and finish it, so if I find out what happens I'll let you know.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only one that has those crazy dreams!! I hope your schooling is going well! I'm thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

Awww, Erin, I miss hearing about your crazy dreams! I've been having some pretty weird ones lately myself. I love ya, girl!

Summer said...

Those are interesting dreams! I especially like the one in Middle Earth.

Tyler said...

That's interesting. I've been able to sleep 10 to 12 hours a night for the past week or so. Uck.

tara said...

i also am intriqued by middle-earth. my 7th grade english class is getting ready to start reading the hobbit, so maybe you could come in as a guest speaker to share your first hand account of the land!

Keri Dougless, RDN LD said...

Oh dear Erin, I love hearing about your dreams. It makes me feel like a normal person. I've always wondered why females tend to have the craziest dreams and most males tend to not dream as much. Any ideas on that?
love you and miss you

Anonymous said...

I am glad I can not remember my dreams!

alyssia

Unknown said...

Let's pray that our beloved people will have amazing dreams about our LORD JESUS CHRIST during this season of Ramazan.