My days here are numbered. Its time to say... until next time. I will be leaving southern Afghanistan in three days, and will spend a little over a week traveling to Dubai and Oman, before I arrive back in the States on December 7th. I will post from the beautiful Arabian penninsula if I have a chance. But I may be too busy enjoying the unobstructed view.
Afghanistan I have loved, Afghanistan I have hated. There have been many hard things about living here and so many beautiful things. I have to say that I'm excited to go back to a country that is at peace. At least on their side of the ocean. And I am so excited to see all of you! But its hard to leave when there's so much left to do. Some of the friends I have here I don't feel ready to leave. I am comforting myself with the thought of coming back some day. (And the inexpressible joy that bubbles up at the thought of returning to modern life is a little hard to suppress, too.)
I think this is the definition of mixed feelings. So much to look forward to and so much to miss. Until next time...
3 comments:
I can understand where you are coming from completely. I hope your trip back is safe. Enjoy your stop and unobstructed views! It will be nice to know you are home with your family. :)
Come home! Can't wait to see u Erin. I'm coming to Oklahoma like the 15th or something. When you and mom have a concert mom said. I'm gonna hug you so hard I break your back! Brandy & the kids say hi and hugs and kisses!
Jason
Forget us not Erin...
More Blessings to You and Your Family.
Post a Comment