Friday, June 27, 2008

Something Found Everywhere

Travel is probably the second most freeing thing on earth, if you ask me. And if you're asking, the first is a place that cannot be found on any map... or perhaps is found on every map.

Thank God that worship comes from within and can be practiced in any setting and every geographical location. I have found that the Lord is the same, and the experience of Him comfortingly consistent, everywhere I've ever gone. In the words of Emily Dickinson (whose personal meaning was probably different; but isn't the hallmark of great writing that any individual can find their own experience in the words of the writer?):

Have you got a Brook in your little heart,
Where bashful flowers blow,
And blushing birds go down to drink,
And shadows tremble so—

And nobody knows, so still it flows,
That any brook is there,
And yet your little draught of life
Is daily drunken there-

2 comments:

Summer said...

I'm glad you had such a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hello Erin,

Greetings from the country you love!

So glad you are having a blessed time ... me and Jirah have been
emailing you this past month but
for some reason we got no reply
from you.

I assumed that you've been very busy with your school. Do you still have the same email address?
Kindly let us know.

Ji celebrated her 14th bday last 19th of June. We often talk about you in our family and with our DAD

BIG HUGS from all of us : )

E Gang