Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Some Things Remain Mysteries

There are some mysteries I have been thinking a heck of a lot about recently. Some are serious, some are not so serious, and apart from #1, they are in no particular order; but here are my Top Ten Unsolved Mysteries.

10.) If they have fireflies in Nepal.
9.) How on earth I am going to convince the director of my program to let me go to Africa for a rotation.
8.) How God can remember everything in the world. How he knows things like the vectors of every single leaf blowing across the lawn or their weight in grams; or the number of blades of grass they touch along the way.
7.) Why there can't be a grocery store closer to Bricktown.
6.) Why something as horrible and atrocious as the Holocaust doesn't make the beauty of Itzak Perlman playing the theme from Schindler's List any less beautiful.
5.) How an atomic bomb works. I guess this could be googled. But I like to just wonder about it sometimes.
4.) One day, at seventeen years of age, I walked outside to feed my rabbit after being gone for the weekend, and when I got to her cage, everything was locked up as usual. But, there was a mysterious ball of matted fur in front of her feeder, and she was gone. There were no organs, bones, flesh, nothing... just fur. And a locked cage.
3.) As it says in Proverbs, "The way of a man with a maiden."
2.) How something as dark red as blood can make someone white as snow.
1.) What and why on earth this really happened to Cydney.

Some of these, for sure, are going to remain unsolved. And I suppose that's life.

1 comment:

Summer said...

My guess for #4 is spontaneous combustion. Somehow the fur escaped the flames though. Maybe your rabbit's coat had recently been sprayed with flame retardant. That would explain things.