Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Little Wedding Music

I have decided to start a business. After being self-employed for a year and a half (in the eyes of the government, anyway) I realized recently that it would be really easy for me to go back to being self-employed again and start a business on the side as a wedding violinist.

After all, 14 years of private classical instruction shouldn't go to waste and I have played hundreds of concerts and events, including professional violin playing for weddings and funerals.

I will still be a receptionist, though. Receptionist by day, violinist by night. Well, hopefully. Who knows what kind of market there is in the OKC area for wedding musicians? I wonder if there is anyone else on the planet who makes ten dollars an hour at one job and a hundred dollars an hour at their other job?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will never tell!

Alyssia

erin beth said...

Never tell what?

Anonymous said...

You rocked at my wedding!!! You should get with Sara and Elise while they make use of their photography skills, you could bust out your violin skills